Saturday, May 14, 2011

Back Story)

Ok, here's the skinny, I have unwittingly been employed in "old timey" jobs for almost my entire working life. By the way, I am Julia's husband Peter. Along the way I have built houses, been a commercial fisherman (sea urchins and lobsters) and boat builder. Mostly I have been a carpenter/wood worker and figured that would be that. Man plans and the universe laughs. One year almost to the day after I was laid off due to the most recent recession, with my unemployment benefits at an end, I was offered a job on an Alpaca farm. Animal husbandry had not been on my radar screen but what the 'hay', why not. There is also, by the way, an 800 vine vineyard on the Suripaco farm (suripaco.com) which it seems is now my baby. So, but for fossil fuels, all work that has been carried out for thousands of years. Old timey, yes?

1 comment:

  1. They call it "Fate" - with a big old capital F...
    so excited for you both.
    xo

    ReplyDelete